In this post, I am going to show you about TIN Online Registration and TIN Online Apply format. Before that, if you are not aware of what is TIN and what is required to apply TIN Online, here’s what you need to know! 😀
TIN number means it is a unique identification number assigned to business enterprises for keeping a track on their transactions. It is mandatory for all the organizations that have been registered under VAT or CST for trade of goods and services.
The basic idea behind TIN is to integrate all information of business on one platform. TIN is allotted by Income Tax Department upon submission of application by the business enterprise. TIN consists of 11 characters wherein the last two characters denote state of the applicant. Before you start to apply TIN Online, please have a look at the documents required for TIN Registration procedure! 🙂
Apply TIN Online: Documents Required
To complete the process of TIN Online application form, following generic documents are required to be submitted.
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Proof of address of business enterprise
- Proprietor PAN card along with his 4-6 photos
- Reference or security for filing application
It is important to note, that these documents might vary depending on the state in which TIN Online application is being requested or made. Hence business enterprises can inquire about it by simply logging on to the official website.
Request for TIN Registration can be submitted by business enterprise both online (at www.tin-nsdl.com) and offline(respective state offices). Both the methods have been made available to make the whole process simple for companies to follow.
Herein we have brought forth steps following which one can conveniently apply for their TIN number and carry out business transactions without much hassle. Also, go through how to perform CST search on your PC and mobiles!
How to Get TIN Number online at www.tin-nsdl.com?
For business enterprises who wish to apply TIN Online they can follow steps mentioned below;
- Go to official website of Income Tax Department wherein application for TIN can be applied here or visit www.tin-nsdl.com
- Look for form 49 B and fill in the form with relevant details.
- If in case any errors have been made, rectify the same and then resubmit the form.
- A confirmation screen shall come up on the following screen, wherein date filled in by the applicant shall be displayed.
- Go through the form available on screen, and in case everything is appropriate, submit the application form for further perusal.
Acknowledgment of TIN Number
Upon confirmation, acknowledgment screen shall appear at www.tin-nsdl.com containing details as follows.
- Unique 14 digit acknowledgment number
- Status and name of applicant
- Contact and payment details
- Signature space
It is recommended that applicant opting for TIN Registration Online should save and take print out of the acknowledgment for future use.
TIN Online Payment
- The application fee for TIN application is Rs 63, which includes Rs 55 application charge and 15% service tax.
- The payment for fees can be made through demand draft, cheque, credit/debit card and also net banking.
- Demand draft should be made in favor of NSDL-TIN (www.tin-nsdl.com). For security reasons don’t forget to mention the name of applicant and acknowledgment number on the back of demand draft and cheque.
- On submission of fees, the next step is to submit the documents as mentioned in the post above in Documents Required Section. 🙂
If you already have your TIN Number with you and want to search online, do the TIN Search now!
Conclusion for TIN Online and Registration
After going through the article we hope you would have understood what is TIN and how it can be conveniently applied for using online method of form filling. So what are you waiting for? Apply TIN Online Registration Now!